Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Sriracha Chicken Pizza

Why I didn't think of this pizza sooner, I will never know.  BUT, as I always like to say.. better late than never!!!  If you like Sriracha and you like pizza, this is the recipe for you.  Sriracha on the chicken, Sriracha in the sauce, Sriracha over top if you feel like you are lacking....   MMMMMMMMMM....... It makes my mouth water just talking about it!!!!  :)

Sriracha Chicken Pizza
Created by Jenn's Food Journey
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 Tablespoons Sriracha, divided, plus more for drizzling
1/2 cup Pizza Sauce
3 green onions, chopped
2 oz sliced black olives
1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 14oz ball of pizza dough or 1 Boboli Pizza Crust

Directions:
Rub 2 tablespoons of Sriracha over both pieces of chicken (1 T per chicken).  Place on a plate and cover with plastic wrap.  Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.  Preheat grill to 375 degrees F.  Clean and oil grill grates.  Place the chicken over direct heat and grill 8-10 minutes per side or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.  Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into bite size pieces.  Toss with a little drizzle of Sriracha; set aside.

Place a pizza stone on the grill and preheat to 425 degrees F.  If using fresh dough, roll out and brush with olive oil.  If using store bought dough, brush with olive oil also.  Place dough/crust on pizza stone and allow to grill for 4-5 minutes or until the dough is golden brown on the bottom.  Carefully remove from stone.  Flip the dough/crust over.  Mix the pizza sauce with 1 Tablespoon Sriracha and spread over cooked side of the crust. Top with chicken, black olives and cheese.  Top with chopped green onions.  Place back on the pizza stone (close the cover) and grill for another 4-5 minutes or until the dough is cooked through and golden brown and the cheese has melted.  Carefully remove from stone and allow to cool for a few minutes before you slice.  Drizzle with Sriracha if desired.  Serve and enjoy!!

One Year Ago:  Spaghetti al Limone with Grilled Lemon Chicken
Two Years Ago:  Shrimp in Love Pasta
Three Years Ago:  Sweet Pepper Olive Puree over Penne and Chicken

13 comments:

We Are Not Martha said...

Dream pizza!!! Breakfast?? Yum :)

Sues

StephenC said...

I'm so glad to have a pizza-making person in my household. I will share this with him.

Big Dude said...

I don't know how it tasted but it looks really good - Bev would love it kicked up to a pretty high heat level.

Pam said...

My husband would really dig this pizza!

Pam said...

How creative, Jenn! It sounds delicious with Sriracha. Who would've thought... Bill would never go for the hot stuff, but I have it in the fridge and want to make it for myself!

Mary said...

oh, absolutely! This pizza would be the biggest hit ever with my oldest son and my husband. One of these days, we really do need to get together for dinner!

Unknown said...

Oh that pizza looks really good! *drools... I just had dinner and now I'm hungry again.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Now that's a chicken pizza I could get into! My husband always orders barbecue chicken pizza, and I don't like that at all.

CQUEK said...

Sometimes simple is best. This looks so delicious!

Candace said...

Did someone say sriracha? Yum!

Catherine said...

Dear Jenn, It is always better late than never.
Sounds like a pizza that you can't eat just one slice. Delish. Blessings dear. Catherine

Des said...

Holy Moly Jenn! This pizza sounds fantastic. I am a huge sriracha fan so I am all over this.

Chris said...

We just made three pizzas last night but now I have to try this one!